PLEATED SHADES INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
3/32” Drill Bit
Phillips Head Screw Driver
1) Place shade up against port/window and, using tape measure, center it and mark edges with a small pencil mark.
2) Close the shade up and mark the top loop hook locations using the pre-drilled holes on the top pleat as your guide.
3) Using a 3/32” drill bit, drill a hole through the pre-drilled hole in the top pleat of the shade into the mounting surface. (Take your time and only let the drill bit set approximately 5/16” to 3/8" deep depending on your hull thickness.)
4) Using hardware and fasteners supplied, install a loop hook through the top pleat and into the boat structure. Make sure the knob is on the upper side and use the longer screws supplied. (Be sure not to over-tighten the screw, as it could strip out. Tighten it until it is snug.)
5) Extend shade into its closed position, and mark where the tie down loops will be located. (Note: Visually inspect the shade to be sure it looks good and falls straight.) Using a 3/32” drill bit and loop hook as a guide, drill the mounting holes for each of the loop hooks.
6) Using the smaller screws supplied, install a loop hook at the location where it was marked and drilled in the above steps. (Be sure not to over tighten the screw, it may strip out. Tighten it until it is snug.)
7) Open shade to its fully open position and hook loop to hold open.
PORTSHADE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1) Prepare the area where the dual lock tabs will be placed by cleaning the stainless steel with alcohol or mineral spirits.
2) Peel the protective cover off the tab and firmly place on the port frame.
3) Shade can be placed on port immediately.
4) Allow Dual Lock tabs to set for 1 day before before opening shade.